According to Information gathered from the institution’s official website by campus9ja, Each department has its requirements for Candidates asides from the general requirements of the College.
Hence, the authorities of the College stated that candidates must satisfy the following respective departmental requirement.
1. Students who wish to offer English as a major teaching subject must have a Credit/Merit in English Language and at least, a pass in Literature in English at Senior School Certificate (SSC)/NECO Level.
2. Those who wish to offer Physics, Chemistry, Geography, or Economics must, at least, have an O/Level pass in Mathematics.
3. Home Economics, Food, and Nutrition, or Family and Human Relationship Students must, at least, have a pass in one of these science subjects: Biology, Chemistry, or Physics, plus a pass in Mathematics.
4. Business Education (Accounting Option): Accounting Education, Business Management: must have a Credit in Accounts and Mathematics plus Credit in Commerce and Economics.
5. Business Education (Secretarial Option): Candidate must have Credits at GCE O’ Level or WASC or NECO (SSC) in any of the following subjects: Typewriting, Shorthand, Business Methods, Introductory Management, Commerce, and Economics.
6. Physical and Health Education (PHE): Candidates with Grade II Teachers Certificate (Passed) with Credit/Merit in P.H.E and a pass in any of the following General Sciences: Health Science, Agric, Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. GCE O/L holders with Credit in any of the following science subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Integrated Science, Health Science, may also be considered for admission into NCE PHE.
NCE Arabic Medium
(a) Senior Islamic Studies Certificate (SISC)
(b) Thanawiyyah/Taojihiyyah Certificate from recognized Institutions in Nigeria.
(c) Candidates with Thanawiyyah Certificate from Arab countries shall be subjected to examination and interview before admission into the program.
7. Social Studies: Those who wish to offer Social Studies must have Credit/Merit in Grade II Social Studies and any two of the following subjects: Government, Economics, Geography, and History.
8. Integrated Science: Credit/Merit in Integrated Science, General Science, or in any one of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics is a necessary condition for admission.
9. Technical Education: Federal Craft Certificate or City and Guilds or GCE (O/L)/WASSC or NECO (SSC) (with five passes at a sitting) or Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of two credits in any of the following: Wood Work, Metal Work, Block Laying and Connecting Electronics and Mechanics and at least, a pass in Technical Drawing plus a pass in Mathematics.
10. Accounting Option and Secretarial Studies (Option): The GCE (O/L)/WASSC or NECO (SSC) with at least passes in five papers at a sitting, two of which must be at credit level in the underlisted subjects or Teachers’ Grade II with at least two credits/merits in any of the underlisted subjects or RSA II or Pitman Examination (Intermediate) with passes in any two of the following: Accounts, Commerce, Typewriting, Shorthand, Introductory Management or Business Methods, Office Practice or Secretarial Studies, Economics and Mathematics.
11. Home Economics: Teachers’ Grade II Certificate or WASSC or NECO (SSC)/GCE ‘O’ Level, or SSC with at least five passes at a sitting. The passes must include one of the following: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, General Science, Integrated Science, Health Science, and Agric Science, plus a credit pass in Home Economics and any other subject, with a pass in Mathematics.
12. Fine and Applied Arts: Candidate must have credit in Fine Arts and/ or Painting and Decoration. WASSC, or NECO (SSC) Grade II, GCE (O/L), SSC, City, and Guilds, or any other similar qualification.
i. Candidates must have a credit in Music at WASSC, Grade II, GCE, ‘O’ Level, or any other qualifications or a pass in the departmental aptitude and auditioning test (practical and written) in lieu of credit/merit passes in Music at the Teachers’ Grade II Certificate examinations. GCE ‘O’ Level or the WASSC, or NECO (SSC), at least a pass in Mathematics is required.
ii. A pass in Music at the Teachers’ Grade II Certificate Examinations or WASC/GCE ‘O’ Level at SSC plus a pass in the departmental audition (practical and written) test in Music.
iii. The Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (ABRSM) London Grade ii/iii/iv/v/vi/vii/viii theory certificate in lieu of credit/merit passes at the Teachers’ Grade II Certificate Examinations, GCE ‘O’ Level or the WASSC.
14. Primary Education: Grade II Teachers Certificate with at least three years post qualification teaching experience. All candidates must have at least a pass in the English Language at Teachers’ Grade II Certificate or WASSC/GCE ‘O’ Level, SSC, or IJMB ‘O’ Level.